Swimming Pool (Truxtun Park)
The Kenneth R. Dunn Municipal Pool at Truxtun Park is open for the summer season!
Water Aerobics classes begin on August 2nd! Held Friday and Sunday mornings!
Truxtun Park Pool
251 Pump House Road
Annapolis, MD 21403
Pool Phone: 410-263-7928 (seasonal only)
ARPD Main Phone: 410-263-7958 (off season)
Google Map to the Truxtun Park Pool
The Truxtun Park Pool is the only outdoor public pool in the City of Annapolis. No membership is required, though we do offer Season Passes for frequent users. Our handicapped accessible facility is a great place to swim laps or splash around with the whole family during the hot summer months! The Truxtun Park Pool also offers a wide variety of programs for swimmers of all ages and skill levels. Be sure to review "Pool Rules" and "What to Bring" below before coming to the pool to ensure a safe and fun time for everyone.
Seasonal Daily Rates:
- Age *2 and Under with paying adult = free
- Youth** (ages 3-17) = $4
- Adult (ages 18-61) = $5
- Senior (ages 62+) = $4
- *Children not potty trained must wear a tight-fitting ecology suit over top of their swim diaper.
- **Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. No exceptions. Youth ages 13-17 must sign in with the name and phone of a parent/guardian lifeguards can contact in the event of an emergency.
- Youth* (3-17) = Resident $56 / Non-Resident $65
- Adult = Resident $68 / Non-Resident $75
- Senior (62+) = Resident $56 / Non-Resident $65
- Family** = Resident $160 / Non-Resident $185
- *Youth must be at least 10-years-old to be at the pool without a parent or guardian.
- **Good for a family of 4. Additional members are $20 each. Family members must reside in the same household.
Season Passes must be shown at entry. Camp participants cannot use passes for entry during camp times. There is a charge of $10 to replace lost passes. Passes must be purchased during business hours at the "Pip" Moyer Recreation Center (273 Hilltop Lane). Season passes are not sold at the Truxtun Park Pool.
Hours of Operation (as of 7/22/19):
- Monday through Friday, 12:30 - 6 pm
- Lap Swim Only Monday through Friday, 11 am - 12:30 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 11 am - 6 pm
Pool Rules → please review this information before coming to the pool!
What to Bring
Before you plan to swim at the Truxtun Park Pool, please be sure to have the following type of bathing suit or you will be refused admission:
- Boys/Men: Swim trunks must have a mesh liner. No gym shorts.
- Girls/Women: Swim suits must provide adequate coverage for a family environment. No bras, sports bras, or underwear.
- Swim Diaper and Commercially-Made Bathing Suit required for non-potty-trained children: Those children who are not potty-trained, must wear both a swim diaper, such as Huggies® Little Swimmers® Disposable Swimpants or Pampers Splashers, and a tight-fitting ecology suit with elastic bands around the legs and waist to help prevent leaks. Ecology suits are essential to maintain healthy water for all swimmers. For more information, check out the Centers for Disease Control.
We recommend, but do not require, that you bring the following:
- Towel (they are not provided or available at the pool)
- Chair (only a limited number of chairs are available at the pool)
- Sunscreen (water-proof or water-resistant suggested)
- Water wings (if needed)
- Water (plastic containers)
- Healthy snack (vending machines are available at the pool, but no concessions). Feel free to bring a cooler with a picnic lunch but please no glass or alcohol.
Please DO NOT BRING the following:
- Pool floats, including noodles
- Toys, such as balls or diving rings
- Glass containers of any kind
Camps and Youth Groups
Are you interested in bringing your camp group or youth organization to the pool during open hours? Please contact Jennifer Jennings at 410-263-7958 to schedule your group’s visit before dropping in. Unfortunately, we are not offering private rentals at this time.
SPF 30 sunscreen packets for sale!
Forgot your sunblock? We’ve got some for you! Just $1 for three small packets in each pack! Purchase yours at the Truxtun Park Pool (cash only) or PMRC Front Desk for $1.
Please click here for weather-related safety regarding lightning.
The existing pool is open for one last season (summer 2019) with construction of the new pool starting after the pool closes in early September. Construction of the new pool should be completed next spring for the pool to open (tentatively) in May 2020.
The new pool facilities will be in the same location as the existing pool and will include a new bathhouse, a competitive 25-meter, six-lane lap pool, a family leisure pool, a splash pad, snack bar and ample shaded patio areas. The design allows for the future placement of an air structure to enclose the lap pool for year-round operations. The pool design/build team is led by Lothorian Pools and includes Campion Hruby Landscape Architects and Charles P. Johnson and Associates (civil engineering.)
Check out the video rendering done by Lothorian here!