Swimming Pool at Truxtun Park
Kenneth R. Dunn Municipal Pool (Truxtun Park Pool)!
251 Pump House Road
Annapolis, MD 21403
Pool Phone: 410-263-7928 (seasonal only)
ARPD Main Phone: 410-263-7958 (off season)
Google Map to the Truxtun Park Pool
The Truxtun Park Pool is the only outdoor public pool in the City of Annapolis. No membership is required, though we do offer Season Passes for frequent users, however not during summer 2020 due to the delayed construction. The new pool facility will include a bathhouse, a competitive 25-meter, six-lane lap pool, a family leisure pool, a splash pad, snack bar and ample shaded patio areas. The pool design/build team is led by Lothorian Pools and includes Campion Hruby Landscape Architects and Charles P. Johnson and Associates (civil engineering.)
Hours (pool slated to open mid-to-late July 2020)
- Monday through Friday, 12 - 8 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 11 am - 8 pm
- Lap Swim Hours, Monday through Friday, 11 am - 12:30 pm
Please Note: Only daily drop-in fees will apply for summer 2020 (once the pool is completed and opens mid-to-late July.) These rates were approved May 2020 by Annapolis City Council:
- Age 2* & under FREE with paying adult
- Youth (age 3-12) = R $4 / NR $7
- Teen/Adult (age 13-61) = R $6 / NR $10
- Senior (ages 62+) = R $4 / NR $7
- *Children not potty trained must wear a tight-fitting ecology suit over top of their swim diaper.
- **Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. No exceptions. Youth ages 13-17 must sign in with the name and phone of a parent/guardian lifeguards can contact in the event of an emergency.
Please Note: Due to the delayed completion of the new pool and then the reduced capacity allowance due to COVID-19, season passes will not be offered during summer 2020.
What to Bring
Before you plan to swim at the Truxtun Park Pool, please be sure to have the following type of bathing suit or you will be refused admission:
- Face Covering (Mask): Due to COVID-19, pool patrons need to have a mask.
- Boys/Men: Swim trunks must have a mesh liner. No gym shorts.
- Girls/Women: Swim suits must provide adequate coverage for a family environment. No bras, sports bras, or underwear.
- Swim Diaper and Commercially-Made Bathing Suit required for non-potty-trained children: Those children who are not potty-trained, must wear both a swim diaper, such as Huggies® Little Swimmers® Disposable Swimpants or Pampers Splashers, and a tight-fitting ecology suit with elastic bands around the legs and waist to help prevent leaks. Ecology suits are essential to maintain healthy water for all swimmers. For more information, check out the Centers for Disease Control.
Please DO NOT BRING the following:
- Pool floats, including noodles
- Toys, such as balls or diving rings
- Coolers (there is a Snack Shack for food and beverages)
- Glass containers of any kind
- Tobacco and Vaping products