Fire Marshal FAQ
- Does the Fire Department sell or give away patches or t-shirts.
- Does the Fire Department perform CPR and first aid training?
- How can I become a firefighter or paramedic?
- Does the Fire Department conduct child car safety seat checks?
- Do you offer station tours or host children's birthday parties?
- What do I do with any expired or surplus fireworks and flares for proper and safe disposal?
- How do I obtain a copy of the fire codes currently being enforced?
- Where can I view the Maryland Fire Prevention Code?
- How can I get a copy of my fire report?
- Why doesn’t the Fire Department respond in a less costly Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) in place of a fire engine to EMS/medical calls or vehicle accidents?
- Why does the Fire Department respond with a fire engine and an ambulance to a seemingly minor vehicle accident? It seems like an inefficient use of resources and waste of money.
- May I use a barbecue grill on the balcony of my condo or apartment?
- How do I get the location of the fire station or of a fire hydrant for insurance purposes?
- Should I assume my fire extinguisher has outlived its usefulness if it's 15 years old, and if so, how can I dispose of it?
- Where are smoke alarms required in my home?