Partners and Resources
There are many services to help move your new or existing business in the right direction. Our team works with the collaborative assistance of a wide variety of partners and allies to bring quality information, assistance, and guidance to businesses. Entrepreneurs are welcome to visit the resources listed which offer assistance to start-ups, existing, or expanding businesses. In addition to the organizations in our six business neighborhoods, the following are among the many additional groups that reflect the strength and diversity of Annapolis’ vibrant economy.
- Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce
- Annapolis Green
- Anne Arundel Community College Entrepreneurial Studies Institute
- Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation
- Entrepreneur’s Exchange
- Launch! Annapolis
- Maryland Department of Commerce
- Maryland Tech Council
- SCORE – Local Chapter #390
- Small Business Development Center Resource Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Minority- & Woman-Owned Business Resources
Annapolis is a growing community consisting of an increasingly diverse population. This diversity provides for a vibrant community that promotes growth. The City believes that all of its citizens should benefit from this economic growth, without regard to race, color, religion or economic status. To that end, the City is committed to creating an environment that expands the prosperity of minority- and woman-owned businesses, cultivates mutually beneficial partnerships, and engages the community to improve the quality of life for all citizens of the city.
The links below provide a few organizations in the region and beyond dedicated to supporting and assisting minority- and women-owned businesses.
- African Women’s Council
- Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council
- Ethiopian Community Development Council, Inc.
- Maryland Governor’s Ethnic Commissions
- Maryland Governor’s Office of Minority Affairs
- Maryland Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Maryland Washington Minority Companies Association
- Minority Business Development Agency
- Morgan State University Entrepreneurial Development & Assistance Center (EDAC)
- National Minority Business Council
- U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Women’s Business Ownership
Recursos del Negocio
The City of Annapolis is pleased to connect Spanish speaking entrepreneurs with technical assistance. Spanish language entrepreneurs are encouraged to contact the City’s Economic Development Division with any questions.
- Crear un Negocio en Annapolis
- Center of Help
- Governor’s Commission on Hispanic Affairs
Hispanic Business Foundation of Maryland
- Latino Economic Development Center
- Maryland Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland Hispanic Business Conference
- Maryland Small Business Development Centro Hispano de Negocios
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- We Are CASA
Workshops & Events
Often the best ways to educate yourself to successfully start, manage, and grow your business is to take advantage of the many workshops and training programs available to small business owners in several formats. By attending these workshops, you will learn not only from the presenters, but also from the other attendees who are going through the same process.