Cancellations and Inclement Weather
Annapolis Recreation and Parks (ARPD) - the "Pip Moyer Recreation Center and the Stanton Community Center - follows the City of Annapolis closing announcements and schedules.
For announcements about delays, closings and cancellations related to winter weather, please refer to:
- If AACPS announce a two hour delay, the "Pip" Moyer Recreation Center will open two hours late at 8 am
- If there is a delay with an exact time of opening for the City, ARPD will open at that time (specific time announced)
- If a one-hour delay is announced, ARPD will open at 9:30 am
- If a two-hour delay is announced, ARPD will open at 10:30 am
- If cancellations and/or delays are announced during working hours, ARPD will post notices on the front doors of the buildings and communicate online (website and social media)
- Programs may be delayed and/or canceled by the responsible program staff based on the availability of the facilities and/or instructors
Athletics (Indoors and Outdoors)
Please go to League Lineup for City of Annapolis Recreation and Parks field and court cancellation information.
Fitness Classes at PMRC
Please refer to the ARPD Facebook, PMRC Facebook and ARPD Twitter pages for posts about fitness class cancellations as sometimes they occur day of and our social media accounts are the most up-to-date. Otherwise, long-term or planned fitness class cancellations will be posted here.
Child Care Policy
When school is closed prior to 7 am, the Child Care Program is CLOSED. Please listen for the Anne Arundel County Public School closures on the local radio or television, or call ARPD at 410.263.7958 or check the ARPD Facebook, PMRC Facebook and ARPD Twitter pages. If school dismisses early, the Child Care Program opens immediately upon dismissal and closes at 4:30 pm instead of 6 pm. However, we ask that parents come to pick up their child as soon as possible, as the roads will be treacherous for you and for our staff. Only those enrolled in the After School Program are eligible for this service. If school is delayed for two hours, Child Care is delayed two hours. For example, if school opens at 11 am, Child Care opens at 9 am. Only those registered in the Before School Program are eligible for this service.