Modified Child Care for the 2020-2021 School Year!
- Held Monday through Friday from 7 am to 6 pm at PMRC
- Cost is $600 per month (vouchers will be accepted starting in October)
- Registration is open now for all children in grades K-5 (AACPS students only)
Details regarding the program:
Any child currently enrolled in AACPS elementary schools in grades K-5 is eligible to register.
- The program runs 7 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday at PMRC in the meeting rooms, the Auxiliary Gym and outside (Truxtun Park) for recreational activities.
- The program runs on the AACPS yearly schedule. We will have all day programs on most out of school days and 2-hour early dismissal days, for no extra charge to families already enrolled. The full schedule is being finalized.
- There are three rooms with a maximum of 12 children in each space (the total number of students we can provide for is 36.) We are following all of the MD State Department of Health and CDC "best practices" for COVID-19.
- We are breaking down each room into specific grades. We know that grades K-2 and grades 3-5 have different start and end times so we are managing this accordingly.
Each child is required to bring their OWN Chromebook (or device) AND headphones daily. We provide all masks, PPE (personal protective equipment) and supplies needed for your child/ren. More details about this are sent after you have successfully registered.
When it is learning time, our qualified staff ensures each child is signed-on and actively learning and participating in class. On all breaks and off times, we provide recreational activities for the children similar to our normal in-school before and after care programming.
We provide a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. Additionally, there are vending machines at PMRC with healthy snack and drink options.
- ALL forms must be completed as PMRC is considered a brand new site. (None of the paperwork filled out for prior school years can be accepted.)
- Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis. You need to register IN PERSON at PMRC, and have all needed paperwork (discussed below) prior to a complete registration. PMRC is currently open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Registration is MONTH-TO-MONTH ONLY. We do not offer part-time or drop-ins. It is month-to-month just like our traditional before and after care program held in the elementary schools.
- Cost is $600 per month and must be paid in full prior to the 10th day of every month. Vouchers will be accepted starting in October.
- City of Annapolis residents may apply for scholarships for this modified child care program.
Please refer to the Forms page.