Due to COVID-19, we are not lending out basketballs to members and guests right now.
The PMRC staff encourages open gyms users to share the courts so that everyone benefits from recreation. A full membership or a guest pass is required. Court sports take precedence -- basketball and volleyball -- for drop-in play in the gym on at least one court at most times. Open gym is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note that open gym times may be interrupted occasionally due to special events. To ensure the safe and efficient use of the gymnasium, these rules must be adhered to at all times. Individuals or teams observed to be in violation of posted rules are subject to having membership/pass revoked.
Court 2 is reserved for Open Gym use daily. However there are instances when days and times are adjusted for open gym (i.e. events, sports rentals, etc.) so we recommend you calling 410-263-7958 to verify court availability. The Sports Supervisor is the only one that can reserve court space. Please contact LaKeisha Simmons at email@example.com if you are interested in renting court space.
Gym Equipment - Due to COVID-19, we are not lending out basketballs to members and guests right now. When we are able to lend out basketballs, they will be available to borrow at the Front Desk. A form of collateral (cell phone or state-issued ID) must be provided to staff in order to receive a basketball. Should the basketball not be returned, a $25 fee will be charged for the user to receive their form of collateral back. However, a membership is required to borrow equipment. You must be 14 years or older to check out equipment. Equipment not returned will be charged to the member’s account.
- No gum, food or drinks permitted in the gym except water in a closed container.
- Appropriate attire is required: shirts, non-marking rubber soled shoes and shorts/warm-up suits. No “skins”.
- Changing of clothes in the gymnasium is strictly prohibited.
- No shoes with wheels or skates permitted in the gym.
- Gym bags, coats, clothing, and other articles must be kept in the locker room at all times.
- Hanging, climbing, pulling on net or rims is strictly prohibited.
- No foul language.
- No spitting.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised at all times.
- Open gym is shared and all participants are expected to utilize the space in an appropriate manner.
- ARPD is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- ARPD staff reserves the right to resolve all conflicts during play on the gym floor.
- All equipment is to be used in the proper way; no kicking or sitting on volleyballs or basketballs.
- Equipment is to be returned to the proper place following use.
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. ARPD reserves the right to eject anyone for not following the rules.