Fingerprinting is conducted on a walk in basis. Please be advised that you may experience a wait or may not be able to be fingerprinted at all due to the availability of the equipment. We have one LiveScan machine and officers processing arrested subjects take priority. For a list of commercial fingerprinting services please visit the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services website. If you have prepaid for fingerprinting services through a company, like Identogo, that prepayment is not valid at the Annapolis Police Department. We are not affiliated with any fingerprinting services. Payment by check or money order must be made at the time of fingerprinting.
You must bring the following with you:
- The ORI of the agency or company requesting you to be fingerprinted.
- The Authorization number of the agency or company requesting you to be fingerprinted.
- A check or money order made out to the Annapolis Police Department. We will not accept cash from you. No cash is accepted.
- You must completely fill out the LiveScan Pre-Registration Application before coming to be fingerprinted.
- Government issued ID is required.
If you do not have all of the above items, you will not be fingerprinted.
Fees will vary depending on the reason you are being fingerprinted. Please refer to the Fee Schedule (PDF). If you have any questions about fees, please contact Kathleen Buchanan via email or at 410-268-9000.
Annapolis Police Department will do ink cards at your request, but you must provide the cards and the fee is $20 per card.
The Annapolis Police Department fingerprinting hours of operation are every Monday evening from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
Fingerprinting is conducted at:
Annapolis Police Department
199 Taylor Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401
If you have any questions about fingerprinting please contact Kathleen Buchanan via email or at 410-268-9000.