At the call of the Chair
|James E. Dolezal, Chair||7/23/12||9/26/16||9/26/20|
|Kevin A. Chase, Vice Chair||4/27/15||8/11/18||6/30/21|
To enforce financial disclosure requirements, to conduct information programs and disseminate ethical requirements, to investigate conflict of interest violations, to issue advisory opinions and to maintain certain reports and statements.
The City Ethics Commission is composed of 5 City resident members who are nominated by the Mayor and confirmed by a majority vote of the City Council within 30 days of a nomination. Each member of the Commission shall serve for a term of 1 to 5 years from the date of confirmation so member terms are overlapping. No member of the commission shall be an elected or appointed official of the City, or any individual who is otherwise subject to the provisions of this section of the code.
Upon occurrence of a vacancy on the Commission for any reason, the Mayor shall nominate an individual to fill that position for a term of up to five years. A Commission member may serve until re-appointed or a successor is appointed. Nothing herein shall preclude the nomination and confirmation of a member to serve successive terms.
- Opinion regarding solicitation of contributions for City Programs (PDF)
- Determination Jon Arason Complaint February 26, 2016 (PDF)
- Determination Lawrence Litigation June 28, 2016 (PDF)
- Ethics Commission 2011 Annual Report (PDF)
- Ethics Complaint Procedure (PDF)
- Ethics procedures May 17, 2016 (PDF)
- Ethics Summary of Advisory Opinions 2014 (PDF)
- Summary of Advisory Opinion December 17, 2015 (PDF)
- Summary of Advisory Opinion November 17, 2015 (PDF)