In 2016, the City Council added an additional Adequate Public Facilities chapter for schools.
|Georgetown East Elementary
|Rolling Knolls Elementary
|Tyler Heights Elementary
|West Annapolis Elementary
For more detail on school capacity, see the January 2020 Utilization Chart
Information for Adequate Public Facilities Schools
If a project is subject to Title 22 Adequate Public Facilities, it is exempt from the school test if it is:
- A non-residential project;
- A residential development where fewer than six dwelling units are proposed;
- An institution for the care of the aged;
- A proposed project in the Arts and Entertainment District (PDF);
- A proposed project in the Main Street Maryland District (PDF);
- A proposed project that is an age-restricted residential project*;
- A proposed project that has received a certificate of adequate public facilities prior to the effective date of ordinance 8-18
- A low-income housing project**
- Efficiencies and one-bedroom dwelling units.
*"Age-restricted residential project" means any other housing that is either:
- Provided under any state or federal program that the secretary of housing and urban development determines is specifically designed and operated to assist elderly persons (as defined in the state or federal program); or
- Intended for, and solely occupied by, persons 62 years of age or older; or
- Intended and operated for occupancy by persons 55 years of age or older, and-
- At least 80 percent of the occupied units are occupied by at least one person who is 55 years of age or older; and
- The housing facility or community publishes and adheres to policies and procedures that demonstrate the intent required under this subparagraph; and
- The housing facility or community complies with rules issued by the secretary of housing and urban development for verification of occupancy, which shall-
- Provide for verification by reliable surveys and affidavits; and
- Include examples of the types of policies and procedures relevant to a determination of compliance with the requirement of subparagraph 2. Such surveys and affidavits shall be admissible in administrative and judicial proceedings for the purposes of such verification.
- The age restriction shall be noted on the plat and recorded in the land records for Anne Arundel County
**Properties developed pursuant to Title 42, Chapter 8 of the United States Code Low Income Housing Program, or Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, as long as school pupil generation factors yield per unit contained in the Anne Arundel County Educational Facilities Master Plan, is currently or projected to be under 120% capacity for any individual school serving the area to be developed.